Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Here we go again

"Yallah!"

You'll hear this frequently if you hang out with me in Bethlehem this summer. "Let's go!" (a kind of funny example of dynamic equivalence in interpretation considering the literal equivalent would be "Oh, God!")--we've got a lot to see and do in our two or three months living in the West Bank, and I'll be leading the way in my role as PSE Coordinator.

I'm inviting you to come along with me and vicariously join my adventures in this third summer abroad in Palestine.

I hope to do a better job of blogging this summer (don't I always?), but this time I've set up a micro-blog which I know will be easier to update with frequency--after all, each post can only be 140 characters or less. Yep, those of you who are already living in the 21st century know that I am referring to a Twitter feed. You can check this to get my mini-updates @ http://twitter.com/jmstratford. (You can even have them sent to you on your phone so you don't have to go through the pain of retrieving them yourself online! "Mumtaaz!" [Excellent!])

So, let's go! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment